Sunday, October 16, 2011

Gee Baby, Ain't I Good To You?



Hello!
Pardon the delay between posts... Fun fact about me: I am cr-aaazy busy. Oof. It's okay though...I usually like being busy, but 65 hour work weeks are a little insane!

This outfit is actuaaaally from yesterday. I went to the wedding of gal I used to work with.
Weddings are great...who doesn't love an excuse to get dolled up and hang out with a cute plus one? ...oh, and it's great seeing two people professing their undying love to one another... :)

I love this dress, it has such a great 1930's vibe to it, was 14 dollars at H&M, and so-o-o comfy. Also, it's hard to find dresses that are long enough for my long legs. I'm 5'9 and man... it's tricky! H&M usually knows how to help a girl out though and has quickly become my "go-to" store.
Do you ever have an idea for an outfit that you think will look really great, only to try it on  a
couple hours before you need to be somewhere to find out the outfit is just "not gonna work"?
Yeah....this was not one of those times. I was pleasantly
surprised that my idea worked! However  I did need to consult my
very fashion savvy friend Cambria of Jupe Fashion  for a little advice.
The question being, "Are black tights and black shoes 'too night'
for a late afternoon wedding?" She suggested the grey shoes to lighten it up. Brilliant! :) 
           
These shoes! Oh, how we love these shoes...
They were the chosen bridesmaid shoes for
Cambria's wedding.  good times...
I'll have to post pictures of it someday... 
I went back and forth on whether I wanted to wear this necklace...
I ended up adding a vintage bracelet that once belonged to my
great-grandmother...but we didn't get a picture. Don't you fret
though, it will make an appearance on here
before you know it. :)



This is my "looks impressive, but reallllly easy hair-do" Just throw that hair in some
 hot rollers and pin it up! Done and ready to impress...


After the wedding we (oh, hey there n... ) took advantage of the fact that it was a gorgeously chilly autumn night and we were
in the fabulous downtown area of the quaint town of Stillwater. It's located right on the river and a wonderful place to just mosy and shoot the breeze... 


What's not to love about a view of a historic lift bridge
and gondolas lazily floating along the river?


So, all in all... a great Saturday. How was yours? 

Until next time,

Jess

4 comments:

  1. So fun to meet another Minnesota blogger! I am loving what is starting here over on your blog. I have added it to my google reader so I can keep up to date daily. Thanks for the sweet comment - and by the way - I love your shoes!
    Much love,
    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dress is so pretty! Cambria's idea was certainly smart--it's so nice to have a stylish best friend who gives great fashion advice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, I'm so glad to see you're still blogging! I love your outfit and the way you did your hair! So gorg!

    P.S. This is Jenmarie from SHE. For some reason I had to comment with my LJ account.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous hair and outfit!! hope your crazy business dies down slightly to make it easier on you!

    ReplyDelete