Monday, October 31, 2011

Teaching Strangers About Rock & Roll

Dear Oh My Darling readers,
I know we are just getting to know each other, and you don't know much about me yet.... but there is something you should know. I. Love. Vintage.
Yes, I know that this isn't anything terribly surprising. I mean, really. How many fashion bloggers do you read that also love vintage? You probably lost track around 137.
But, here's the thing... I probably loved vintage first. No, really. It's probaaaaably true.
I've loved it since the cute age of 4, when I discovered the joy of dressing up- specifically in clothes from yesteryear.



Then! I fell in l-o-v-e with theater. I loved it for many reasons.... one of them being, the costumes. Through theater, I was able to act like someone from a different era AND wear their clothes. Oh, it was lovely. :)

Anyways, of course this is the "Reader's Digest" version (and perhaps a little random...?)of my life long admiration for vintage clothing, but it's a  good segway into the pictures I wanted to share today! They are from a photo shoot that I did with Ellie a year ago. What was truly wonderful about the shoot is that all the clothing belonged to my grandmother Dee annnd we took the pictures in her beautiful home (only one of my favorite places ever!)! It was such a blast trying on her clothes (this woman saved everything!!) and it just totally made my little vintage-loving heart so very happy! Every piece of clothing had a story-a memory attached to it.

I think that's why I love the clothes I do...there's something romantic and special about vintage and I can't help but get carried away by it!


This is her living room...So great, right?? I'm sitting in the "Queen's Chair" Guess who is the queen...

This 'smart' little suit was what she wore on her honey moon in 1951. The quality is amazing!


My beloved Grandpa Bob bought this for grandma...the man had great taste!And that lovely suitcase?? I know, I know...

I've since done a few other "vintage-inspired" photoshoots (perhaps I will share some others at a different time?), but none have been quite as special as this one...
Are you close with any of your grandparents? Do you know what I'm talking about? :)

I just love how Ellie captured the vintage feel of the surroundings and the clothing, I'm telling you....this girl is good! http://e-p-photography.blogspot.com/ check it out :)

So, hope this helps you get to know me a little bit... I'll share more later...?

Until next time,
Love,
Jess

9 comments:

  1. Amazing. Gorgeous clothes, wonderful setting and fabulous pictures. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh! baby jess! you look so adorable dear :-) love all these pretty vintage looks!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable as always. Gosh.

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. what great photos! most of the vintage stuff i have is from my mom and i think that's what makes it so special! you look amazing and i can totally understand why you love vintage!!!

    if you get a chance, join my Zoe Clothing giveaway! would love it if you did!

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this photo shoot! You are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous photos! I love vintage because it's fun to imagine the life of the women who wore it before me. My grandma has exquisite taste but unfortunately for me kept none of her older stuff. Sad face!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you shared this with us. Everything about these photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. how cool. I just love all your outfits and how you look amazing in them all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you were made for vintage! (or should i say vintage was made for you?) you look gorgeous in each and every picture!

    ReplyDelete