Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Like A Straight-Edged Ruler...



Helloooo,
This blog post is way over due...However, please allow me to explain!

My computer started smoking last week. And friends, it's true what they say...let me tell you. Smoking kills!
So, my computer went kaput, as they say...(or maybe I just say so?) Which totally womped. But! The good news is, my hard drive is still very much alive! So, I just get to save up for a beautiful, shiny and new computer! Yay!

Anyways, in the mean time, I need to use my parent's computer, which is finicky at best. Hence, the delayed posts.

Also, another update... I have this week and next week off of my day job! Not exactly by choice, but that's the life of a temp! So, this outfit was one of the last business casual get-ups for a brief stretch of time....

So,
Once upon a time, Cambria from Jupe gave me this skirt because it was floor-length and unfortunate. I on the other hand, being the open-minded individual that I am... ;) Saw that it had more potential than just being stuck in the unfortunate years of the 90s.
I decided to hem it. I have a sewing machine and experience sewing... no big deal, right?

Uff. Well, long story short, my sewing machine went haywire, I had to hand sew it, accidentally grabbed the wrong color (in the dim light of my family room...), hemmed the whole thing, realized my mistake, had to take out all the stiches and redo...and what was supposed to be a 5 minute hem job turned into a frustrating night of sewing. Oh well, live and learn- right?


All that to say...
I love how this skirt turned out. And whenever I wear it Cambria turns a charming shade of envious green... (ha! Love ya C :)  )
Moral of the story- If you love thrifting and second hand items...try looking past the face value! Think about what you can add or take away to modernize an item and you might be surprised! :)

Well, until next time!
Jess

3 comments:

  1. Sew cute pics.

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving that skirt, yayy for seeing its potential while it was long :)
    (following :) )
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your outfit! Skirt is so cute. hemming can make such a big difference :)by the way, now following you,too.

    ReplyDelete